Local Area Code: 406
Time Zone: Mountain UTC -7
Electrical: 110V 60 Cycles, AC
Elevation: 4,058 ft.
Latitude:46° 24′ 45″ N
Longitude:112° 1′ 37″ W
Notes about Helena, Montana:
- Gold found by the 4 Georgians led to the Gold Rush of 1864.
- Last Chance Gulch yielded approximately $3.5 Billion of gold.
- Capitol of the State of Montana and county seat for the Lewis and Clark county.
- Enjoys a stable economy partially due to the large state government workforce.
- Many streets follow the orginal chaotic path of the gold miners who had to go around other miner's claims and also follow the winding streambed.
- A city landmark, the old fire tower one of very few left standing, was built in 1876.